How do you define Nalini Singh’s amazing Psy Changeling series? The series sits within a unique nexus which includes aspects of Science Fiction and Paranormal Romance genres.
In the Psy Changeling series we catch glimpses of a futuristic world where the witch like Psy coexist with the shape shifting Changelings and ordinary humans. Overlaid on this world is the undeclared war by the Psy to dominate the other races living on Earth. And overlaid upon this world are the individual tales which are centered upon the DarkRiver leopard and SnowDancer wolf Changeling packs.
- Nalini Singh’s Psy Changling Series Background
- Nalini Singh’s Psy Changeling Series Reading Order
- 1. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (September 2006)
- 2. Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (March 2007)
- 3. Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh (September 2007)
- 4. An Enchanted Season by Maggie Shayne, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh and Jean Johnson (October 2007)
- 5. Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh (February 2008)
- 6. Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh (September 2008)
- 7. The Magical Christmas Cat by Lora Leigh, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh and Linda Winstead Jones (October 2008)
- 8. Branded By Fire by Nalini Singh (July 2009)
- 9. Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh (November 2009)
- 10. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh (July 2010)
- 11. Burning Up by Angela Knight, Nalini Singh, Virginia Kantra and Meljean Brook (August 2010)
- 12. Play of Passion by Nalini Singh (November 2010)
- 13. Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh (May 2011)
- 14. Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh (May 2012)
- 15. Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh (Anthology – March 2013)
- 16. Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (June 2013)
- 17. Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh (June 2014)
- 18. Night Shift by by Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Lisa Shearin and Milla Vane (November 2014)
- 19. Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh (June 2015)
- 20. Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh (Hard Cover due out June 2016)
- Join My Newsletter
- Share this:
Nalini Singh’s Psy Changling Series Background
The first book Slave to Sensation was published in 2006 and since then the series has progressively grown to include 15 standalone novels and 8 novellas. If like me you have read the series from the early days then you have probably read all of these as they have been released, but even I would have trouble trying to work out the reading order.
As a result I have decided to publish this article which provides the reading order of all of the novels and novellas. So hold on and enjoy the ride, I certainly have so far and you will too!
Nalini Singh’s Psy Changeling Series Reading Order
1. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (September 2006)In a world that denies emotions, where the ruling Psy punish any sign of desire, Sascha Duncan must conceal the feelings that brand her as flawed. To reveal them would be to sentence herself to the horror of “rehabilitation”—the complete psychic erasure of everything she ever was…Both human and animal, Lucas Hunter is a Changeling hungry for the very sensations the Psy disdain. After centuries of uneasy coexistence, these two races are now on the verge of war over the brutal murders of several Changeling women.
Lucas is determined to find the Psy killer who butchered his packmate, and Sascha is his ticket into their closely guarded society. But he soon discovers that this ice-cold Psy is very capable of passion—and that the animal in him is fascinated by her. Caught between their conflicting worlds, Lucas and Sascha must remain bound to their identities—or sacrifice everything for a taste of darkest temptation… Click here to purchase Slave to Sensation from Amazon
2. Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (March 2007)Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous—aching need…exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her.
Changeling Vaughn D’Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar’s instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith’s sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced—and keep her from Vaughn… Click here to purchase Visions of Heat from Amazon
3. Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh (September 2007)The author of Shards of Hope and Shield of Winter presents a Psy/Changeling novel in which two people who know evil intimately must unlock the good within their icy hearts…
As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now a defector, his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins – cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna…
Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted – and had her mind violated – by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives… Click here to purchase Caressed By Ice from Amazon
4. An Enchanted Season by Maggie Shayne, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh and Jean Johnson (October 2007)From a shape-shifting leopardess who wants a pack-mate to be her soulmate, to a snowstorm that brings a surprise gift, these four tales will stir readers’ spirits in all the right places. Click here to purchase An Enchanted Season from Amazon
5. Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh (February 2008)A ghost returns from a leopard changeling’s past, making him question everything – even his base animal instincts…
Clay Bennett is a powerful DarkRiver sentinel, but he grew up in the slums with his human mother, never knowing his changeling father. As a young boy without the bonds of Pack, he tried to stifle his animal nature. He failed…and committed the most extreme act of violence, killing a man and losing his best friend, Talin, in the bloody aftermath. Everything good in him died the day he was told that she, too, was dead.
Talin McKade barely survived a childhood drenched in bloodshed and terror. Now a new nightmare is stalking her life – the street children she works to protect are disappearing and turning up dead. Determined to keep them safe, she unlocks the darkest secret in her heart and returns to ask the help of the strongest man she knows…
Clay lost Talin once. He will not let her go again, his hunger to possess her, a clawing need born of the leopard within. As they race to save the innocent, Clay and Talin must face the violent truths of their past…or lose everything that ever mattered. Click here to purchase Mine to Possess from Amazon
6. Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh (September 2008)From the New York Times bestselling author of Shards of Hope, Shield of Winter, and Heart of Obsidian. Lora Leigh calls Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling series “a sensual, dangerous adventure not to be missed.” Now, as the deadly Psy Council tightens its grip, a rebel Psy scientist finds herself at the mercy of a changeling who has sworn vengeance against her kind…
Separated from her son and forced to create a neural implant that will mean the effective enslavement of her psychically gifted race, Ashaya Aleine is the perfect Psy – cool, calm, emotionless…at least on the surface. Inside, she’s fighting a desperate battle to save her son and escape the vicious cold of the PsyNet. Yet when escape comes, it leads not to safety, but to the lethal danger of a sniper’s embrace.
DarkRiver sniper Dorian Christensen lost his sister to a Psy killer. Though he lacks the changeling ability to shift into animal form, his leopard lives within. And that leopard’s rage at the brutal loss is a clawing darkness that hungers for vengeance. Falling for a Psy has never been on Dorian’s agenda. But charged with protecting Ashaya and her son, he discovers that passion has a way of changing the rules… Click here to purchase Hostage to Pleasure from Amazon
7. The Magical Christmas Cat by Lora Leigh, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh and Linda Winstead Jones (October 2008)Put a little meow in their stocking this year with these tales of Christmas and felines-from beloved bestselling authors!
New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh and top-selling authors Nalini Singh, Erin McCarthy, and Linda Winstead Jones have a special gift for readers this year: heartwarming holiday stories featuring passionate romance, paranormal adventure, and a distinctly alluring feline touch. With four new stories-including one featuring Lora Leigh’s genetically altered Feline Breeds-this is a collection packed with more surprises than Christmas morning, and more chills than the snowiest winter night… Click here to purchase The Magical Christmas Cat from Amazon
8. Branded By Fire by Nalini Singh (July 2009)Though DarkRiver sentinel Mercy is feeling the pressure to mate, she savagely resists when Riley Kincaid, a lieutenant from the SnowDancer pack, tries to possess her. The problem is not simply that he pushes her buttons; the problem is that he’s a wolf, she’s a cat, and they’re both used to being on top.
But when a brilliant changeling researcher is kidnapped from DarkRiver territory, Mercy and Riley must work together to track the young man – before his shadowy captors decide he’s no longer useful. Along the way, the two dominants may find that submitting to one another uncovers not just a deadly conspiracy, but a passion so raw that it’ll leave them both branded by fire… Click here to purchase Branded by Fire from Amazon
9. Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh (November 2009)Nalini Singh returns to the Psy/Changeling world as a woman without a past becomes the pawn of a man who controls her future . . .
Dev Santos discovers her unconscious and battered, with no memory of who she is. All she knows is that she’s dangerous. Charged with protecting his people’s most vulnerable secrets, Dev is duty-bound to eliminate all threats. It’s a task he’s never hesitated to complete . . . until he finds himself drawn to a woman who might yet prove the enemy’s most insidious weapon.
Stripped of her memories by a shadowy oppressor, and programmed to carry out cold-blooded murder, Katya Haas is fighting desperately for her sanity itself. Her only hope is Dev. But how can she expect to gain the trust of a man who could very well be her next target? For in this game, one must die . . . Click here to purchase Blaze of Memory from Amazon
10. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh (July 2010)Max Shannon is a good cop, one of the best in New York Enforcement. Born with a natural shield that protects him against Psy mental invasions, he knows he has little chance of advancement within the Psy-dominated power structure. The last case he expects to be assigned is that of a murderer targeting a Psy Councilor’s closest advisors. And the last woman he expects to compel him in the most sensual of ways is a Psy on the verge of a catastrophic mental fracture . . .
Sophia Russo is a Justice-Psy, cursed with the ability to retrieve memories from men and women so twisted even veteran cops keep their distance. Appointed as Max’s liaison with the Psy, she finds herself fascinated by this human, her frozen heart threatening to thaw with forbidden emotion. But, her mind filled with other people’s nightmares, other people’s evil, she’s standing on the border between sanity and a silken darkness that urges her to take justice into her own hands, to become judge, jury . . . and executioner . . . Click here to purchase Bonds of Justice from Amazon
11. Burning Up by Angela Knight, Nalini Singh, Virginia Kantra and Meljean Brook (August 2010)Bring these four authors together and it’s sure to ignite a spark…
Angela Knight pairs a vampire warrior and his seductive captor in a battle against demonic predators.
Nalini Singh returns to the world of her Psy-Changeling series as a woman in lethal danger finds an unlikely protector-and lover.
Virginia Kantra continues the haunting tales of the Children of the Sea in her story of a wounded soldier rescued by an enigmatic young woman.
Meljean Brook launches a bold new steampunk series about a woman who strikes a provocative-and terrifying-bargain for freedom. Click here to purchase Burning Up from Amazon
12. Play of Passion by Nalini Singh (November 2010)As a conflict with Pure Psy looms on the horizon, two powerful wolves fight a far more intimate war of their own …
In his position as Tracker for the SnowDancer pack, it’s up to Drew Kincaid to rein in rogue changelings who’ve lost control of their animal halves—even if it means killing those who’ve gone too far. But nothing in his life has prepared him for the battle he must now wage—to win the heart of a woman who makes his body ignite…and who threatens to enslave his wolf.
Lieutenant Indigo Riviere doesn’t easily allow skin privileges, especially of the sensual kind—and the last person she expects to find herself craving is the most wickedly playful male in the den. Everything she knows tells her to pull back before the flames burn them both to ash…but she hasn’t counted on Drew’s will.
Now, two of SnowDancer’s most stubborn wolves find themselves playing a hotly sexy game even as lethal danger stalks the very place they call home… Click here to purchase Play of Passion from Amazon
13. Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh (May 2011)Since the moment of her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and dangerous, he compels her to madness.
Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the woman who would’ve been his mate long ago. But Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf.
Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other’s secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight …
A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer, striking at everything they hold dear, but it is Sienna’s darkest secret that may yet savage the pack that is her home … and the alpha who is its heartbeat … Click here to purchase Kiss of Snow from Amazon
14. Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh (May 2012)Discover the exhilarating risks of passion in this breathtaking Psy-Changeling novel…
Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with her past—to face a devastating new challenge: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to another. For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermines everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion is a losing battle.
Their coming together is an inferno…and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both. Click here to purchase Tangle of Need from Amazon
15. Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh (Anthology – March 2013)In Beat of Temptation, innocent Tamsyn has always had a place in her heart for Nathan, a blooded DarkRiver sentinel. But is she ready for the fierce demands of the mating bond?
In Stroke of Enticement, a wary young teacher, skeptical about love, arouses the man–and the animal–in an aggressive leopard changeling who must prove his affections are true.
Plus NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED
In Declaration of Courtship, Grace, a shy submissive wolf, finds herself pursued by the last man she ever would have imagined: a SnowDancer lieutenant said to be “mad, bad, and dangerous to know.”
Plus NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED
In Texture of Intimacy, SnowDancer healer Lara discovers the searing joys–and unexpected challenges–of being mated to quiet, powerful Walker, a man used to keeping his silence. Click here to purchase Wild Invitation from Amazon
16. Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (June 2013)Step into New York Times bestseller Nalini Singh’s explosive and shockingly passionate Psy-Changeling world…
A dangerous, volatile rebel, hands stained bloodred.
A woman whose very existence has been erased.
A love story so dark, it may shatter the world itself.
A deadly price that must be paid.
The day of reckoning is here.
From “the alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) comes the most highly anticipated novel of her career—one that blurs the line between madness and genius, between subjugation and liberation, between the living and the dead. Click here to purchase Heart of Obsidian from Amazon
17. Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh (June 2014)Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he’s done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch—if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life. For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake….
Having rebuilt her life after medical “treatment” that violated her mind and sought to suffocate her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she’ll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy’s fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness… Click here to purchase Shield of Winter from Amazon
18. Night Shift by by Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Lisa Shearin and Milla Vane (November 2014)Four masters of urban fantasy and paranormal romance plunge readers into the dangerous, captivating world unearthed beyond the dark…
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh delivers a smoldering story with Secrets at Midnight, as the scent of Bastien Smith’s elusive lover ignites a possessiveness in him that’s as feral as it is ecstatic. And now that he’s found his mate, he’ll do anything to keep her.
In #1 New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews’ novella, Magic Steals, when people start going missing, shapeshifting tigress Dali Harimau and jaguar shifter Jim Shrapshire must uncover the truth about the mysterious creatures responsible.
From Milla Vane—a warrior princess must tame The Beast of Blackmoor to earn a place among her people. But she quickly discovers that the beast isn’t a monster, but a barbarian warrior who intends to do some taming himself.
It’s seer Makenna Frazier’s first day on the job at Supernatural Protection and Investigations, and her first assignment is more than she bargained for when bodyguard duty for a leprechaun prince’s bachelor party goes every which way but right in national bestselling author Lisa Shearin’s Lucky Charms. Click here to purchase Night Shift from Amazon
19. Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh (June 2015)Two Arrows are caught in a chilling conspiracy that spans all three races…
Awakening in a darkened cell, their psychic abilities blocked, Aden and Zaira break free from their mysterious prison, only to find themselves in an inhospitable landscape far from civilization. To survive they must make it to the hidden home of a predatory changeling pack that doesn’t welcome outsiders.
And they must survive. A shadowy enemy has targeted the Arrow squad, and Aden will cross any line to give his people hope for a new future. Zaira has no such hope. Too damaged to return from the abyss, her driving goal is to protect Aden, the only person who always comes back for her no matter what.
But Aden’s passionate determination may not be enough. The emotionless chill of the Silence Protocol existed for a reason: for the violent, and the insane, and the irreparably broken…like Zaira. Click here to purchase Shards of Hope from Amazon
20. Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh (Hard Cover due out June 2016)The Psy-Changeling world has undergone a staggering transformation and now stands at a crossroads. The Trinity Accord promises a new era of cooperation between disparate races and groups. It is a beacon of hope held together by many hands: old enemies, new allies, wary loners.
But a century of distrust and suspicion can’t be so easily forgotten, and it threatens to shatter Trinity from within at any moment. As rival members vie for dominance, chaos and evil gather in the shadows and a kidnapped woman’s cry for help washes up in San Francisco, while the Consortium turns its murderous gaze toward a child who is the embodiment of change, of love, of piercing hope: a child who is both Psy…and changeling.
To find the lost and protect the vulnerable—and to save Trinity—no one can stand alone. This is a time of loyalty across divisions, of bonds woven into the heart and the soul, of heroes known and unknown standing back to back and holding the line. But is an allegiance of honor even possible with traitors lurking in their midst? Click here to purchase Allegiance of Honor from Amazon
Join My Newsletter
Please sign up to my email newsletter below – you will regularly receive my personally curated newsletter with my recommended reads from the Paranormal Romance, Romantic Suspense, Historical Romance, Fantasy and Science Fiction genres. I will also let you know if there are any good deals available.
I use affiliate links throughout the site and newsletters – you still pay the same price and I get a small commission every time you decide to purchase a novel, which has the benefit of helping to fund my excessive reading habit :).